Since I shared my experience with the SouthBeach Diet I thought I would post one of my favorite recipes that is super easy and delicious to get everyone going in the right direction! It also makes a lot for one-two people so it works great for leftovers as well!
1 large sweet potato
1 onion chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
2 granny smith apples
4-6 slices of bacon (can use bacon bits as well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and chop the sweet potato
- Chop apples into small squares
- In a large bowl put the peeled and chopped sweet potato and drizzle with olive oil and salt to taste. Toss to coat and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the oven and roast them until they are soft but not mushy for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put aside.
- Coat a large pan with olive oil and sauté the onion and bacon. Season with salt to taste. Sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add the apples and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and sauté until the apples and sweet potatoes are soft for about 7-8 minutes. (the times may take a little longer depending on whether you cover with a lid or not and how soft the sweet potato and apples are).
Try it out and comment below to let me know how you liked it or your own special twists you added!