Lately I have been feeling out of my routine since spring break and I can’t seem to shake the extra weight I have been wanting to lose. Like I stated in some of my previous blog posts I sometimes get stuck and am not sure where to go from there and this has definitely taken place! The motivation just is not there sometimes when I do not feel like I am seeing results and this is when I need to take a step back and remember why I am doing this; to be HEALTHY and know that it takes time!
I got thrown off track by switching up my diet plans from the South Beach diet to a diet plan I had customized for me through FAST. Mentally I was not there at all for the new diet plan and I was constantly stressed out, did not understand it because I thought there were way too many carbs and calories, and then spring break happened and I gave up. This leads me to my next point: you absolutely have to be there mentally or else this lifestyle change will not happen! This past time, I went to bodybuilding.com for some inspiration and different ways to get back on track.
When I am feeling discouraged like this there are a couple things I do.
- Take a step back and breathe and remember that being stressed is not healthy and if I am stressed, I am not doing the right thing.
- Remember it takes time. It did not take a couple of months to put the weight I have on and it will not take the long to get it off.
- Remember I am doing it to get healthy! Results will come but focusing on the positive and how far I have come by making the right choices day by day in the short run will help me reach the goal in the long run.
- Stop looking at the scale and pay attention to inches! This is a hard one for me because when I started my lifestyle change and the South Beach diet, pounds dropping was my first motivator and what kept me being positive.
- Look on Pinterest and find those motivating pictures and quotes that really put me back in check.
I hope this helps some of you who get a little discouraged sometimes and need a little boost! Comment below and tell me what you do to motivate yourself when you are feeling down!