Cookies are one dessert that is my weakness when I am craving something sweet or a cheat meal. Last thanksgiving, I was worried about giving into all sorts of bad desserts so I thought I would contribute to them by bringing my own. (I still gave in). I got this recipe from beyonddiet.com which has a lot of healthy recipes that are gluten free. They also coincide with many ingredients I can eat on the South Beach diet.
Usually ‘healthy’ desserts that I make end up tasting like cardboard and I get discouraged, but these cookies are the best thing! I actually prefer them over sugar cookies or anything sweeter. To make them is really easy and fast and they make the perfect small dessert
Ingredients: Serving Size is two cookies
¾ Cup Raw Peanut Butter
1 Cup Coconut Sugar
4 Tbs Olive Oil
½ Tbs Vanilla
½ Tbs Cinnamon
2 ¼ Cup of Natural Whole Wheat Oats
1 Tsp Baking Soda
½ Cup of Cranberries
½ Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl including the coconut sugar, cinnamon, oats, baking soda, cranberries and almonds.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl including the peanut butter, olive oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the two mixtures and fold the ingredients together.
- Use 2 tbs to portion out the size of the cookie. This recipe makes about 20 cookies.
Comment below and tell me how you liked them!